I know not all of you celebrate this holiday, and some of you celebrated a month ago, but we can all take a moment to focus on what we are thankful for in our lives. Part of the sketch this week at 2 Sketches 4 You was to list 5 things that you are thankful for in your life. Since I am again using the sketch from this week, and in the spirit of Thanksgiving here is my list.
5 Things I am Thankful for –
1. My Family. Colin and Evan bring joy to each day. You never know what they are going to do or say, but I can guarantee that they will make me laugh out loud at some point during a 24 hour period.
2. Our health. Sometimes Evan likes to lead us on a rocky path, but I am glad that each year his immune system seems to improve.
3. Friends. I am thankful for friends in my life, both people I know in person and those of you I have met through the Internet. Whether it was kids or paper crafting that brought us together I am thankful for everyone I have met through the years.
4. Home. I am thankful that we have a roof over our heads, food in the fridge and that we don’t struggle on a daily basis just to have our needs me.
5. Teachers. I am thankful for the adults who welcome my children into their lives and nurture them. Every morning Colin is so eager to go to school and learn. I am so happy that he has such a great start in his long journey of learning.
Now onto the card. This is a Pop up gift card holder and it was the Technique Challenge on Monday on SCS. The thread can be found here. There are directions, a link to a video tutorial and everything you need to know to make one of these for yourself. As I mentioned I once again used the sketch from 2 Sketches for You. I paired it up with the technique and chose the color scheme from the Frosty Days designer series paper. I again used the Country Living Holiday collection stamp set.
You may be wondering how this can be used as a gift tag. All you need to do is punch a hole in the corner and add a ribbon like I did on my 3 X 3 gift card I made on Monday. I had forgotten to do that before I took my photograph, but if you look at this post, you will know what I mean.
Again, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, or just enjoy a day with someone you are thankful for or doing something you love to do.
|Stamps: Holiday Collection|
|Paper:Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss textured, Bashful Blue, Frosty days dsp, Close to cocoa, Very Vanilla|
|Ink: Bashful Blue, Pacific Point,|
|Accessories: white gel pen, dimensional, buttons, mini glue dots, word window punch, 3/4″ circle punch, scallop edge punch, very vanilla taffeta ribbon|
|Techniques: pop up gift card holder|