Yesterday we went out with my family to celebrate March birthdays and an Anniversary. My Sister-in-Law and I both have birthday’s this month and it was my brother and Sister-in-Law’s 5th wedding anniversary. When I got to my parent’s house my Mom tells me that the gift card she picked up from Corner Bakery had the cutest little shopping tote to deliver it in. After my brother and Sister-in-Law opened their present I stole the tote. LOL! My brother really told me I could have it.
This morning I deconstructed it and came up with dimensions for it. I improvised a bit to make it a tad bigger just to get the dimensions on even numbers. Do you want the directions?
1. Cut a piece of Designer Series Paper to 8 X 4 1/4
2. Along the 8 inch side, score at .5, 1, 3.75, 4.25, 4.75 and 7.5
3. Along the 4 1/4 inch side score at 3 and 3.5
4. Using Stick Strip tape the .5 inch piece up to the 7.5″ score mark
5. Place a small box (I used a Sweetheart box) inside of the bag. Close the bottom like you would wrap a present
6. Cut 2 piece of designer series paper to .75 X 4.25
7. Fold both end into the center so you have a tube that is .25 X 4.25
8. Fold your handle at 1 5/8 and 2 3/4 inches. Attach to the inside of the bag with sticky strip
9. Decorate as desired
The finished size is 2 3/4 X 3 1/2 and is 1″ wide.
Inside of my bag I can fit a Stampin’ Up! button container and it will easily hold a gift card as well.
I’d love to see your little Mini Shopping Totes so post here if you get a chance to make one.
Have a fun Sunday! The boys are out playing in the snow and I hope it is the last snow I see for a long time – at least until next Winter.
All supplies are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased on my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
|Stamps: Wagon Full of Fun, Great Friend|
|Paper: Delicate Dots dsp, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, So Saffron|
|Ink: Basic Gray, Close to Cocoa, Basful Blue, Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip|
|Accessories: scallop square punch, small oval punch, white organza ribbon, sticky strip, dimensionals|
|Techniques: mini shopping tote|