I’m back in my stamp room and it feels good! This card uses Laura’s Sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You and is made for the 1st Annual 2 Sketches 4 You Ultimate Card Showdown. I used the Manhattan Flower Textured Impression die and my Big Shot to emboss the base layer of this card.
To make this card:
1. Cut a 5 1/2 X 8 1/2″ Kiwi Kiss card stock base. Score at 4 1/4″. Cut of 1/8″ on open end to make room for overlapping panel.
2. Emboss the base using the Manhattan Flower Textured Impression Die using the Big Shot.
3. Cut a strip of Whisper White card stock that is 5 1/2″ long and scallop edge with the Eyelet Border punch.
4. Cut a piece of Rose Red card stock 2 1/2 X 5 1/2″ long and a piece of Raspberry Tart designer series paper measuring 2 3/8″ X 5 1/2″ long. Adhere together and attach Whisper White strip.
5. Tie on Regal Rose 5/8″ ribbon in a bow and then tie on Kiwi Kiss corduroy button with Natural Hemp Twine. Secure bow with a glue dot. Attach layer to the base of the card.
6. Cut 3 1/8 X 2 1/8 piece of Rose Red card stock and a 3 X 2″ piece of Whisper White. Sponge Rose Red ink on edges of Rose Red card stock.
7. Ink images from Trendy Trees and use Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. I inked the trees in Pink Pirouette and then used my Regal Rose marker to add dimension to the leaves. The middle tree is stamped in Kiwi Kiss. The trunks are Chocolate Chip.
8. Stamp sentiment from Absolutely Fabulous in Rose Red ink. Add paper piercing using the mat pack and attach to Rose Red layer.
9. Add main image layer to card using dimensionals. It will overlap the edge of the card.
Thank you so much for the well wishes for my Dad! Hopefully he will be moving to Rehab today. He has really enjoyed all of the cards he has gotten so far. After he opens them he saves them for me and I have a bunch to photograph and put up on my blog this week. I’ll then return the cards to him. My Mom is loving the cards as well. Thanks to all who have sent cards to all of us! It really has helped brighten our day. If you’d like to continue to send cards please feel free to do so. My Dad will be in rehab for 4 – 6 weeks on an inpatient basis.
All items are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased on my website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net .
Stamps: Trendy Trees, Absolutely Fabulous,
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Rose Red, Raspberry Tart dsp,
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Big Shot, Manhattan Flower Impressions folder, eyelet border punch, regal rose 5/8″ grosgrain, kiwi kiss corduroy button, natural hemp twine, glue dot, mat pack, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig