This week the Late Night Stampers Challenge was to use Red, White and Blue. When I saw Laura’s sketch 29 at 2 Sketches 4 You, I knew instantly how my card would come together. It really is a simple card to make, but the outcome is gorgeous.
To make this card:
1. Cut your Real Red card stock to 4 1/4″ X 11″ and score at 5 1/2″.
2. Cut your Not Quite Navy card stock to 3 3/4″ X 4 3/4″ and use the eyelet border punch on the bottom.
3. Cut your Whisper White to 3 5/8 X 3 5/8″ and attach to the Not Quite Navy layer.
4. Use the small star punch to punch 3 stars in Real Red, Whisper White and Not Quite Navy. Use a 2 Way Glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter on the Whisper White stars to make them sparkle.
5. Attach the stars with dimensionals.
6. Tie on your Real Red striped ribbon and add your Not Quite Navy button from the Fresh Favorites package with with Linen Thread.
7. Attach the entire layer to the card with dimensionals.
I hope all of you in the USA have a fabulous 4th of July! It doesn’t seem like the 4th here. There are no fireworks scheduled in Bradley. It’s nice to walk to the end of our block and watch them. I’m not sure if we’ll go to the ones at KCC or not. Let’s hope that by this time next year the economy has improved so towns can carry on with their celebrations.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Warm Words
Paper: Real Red, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: small star punch, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds glitter, dimensionals, real red striped ribbon, Fresh Favorites button, linen thread, mini glue dot, modern label punch