Weekends go way too fast! We spent yesterday visiting with my Dad and he looks good. Keep your fingers crossed that his surgeons think so as well at his appointments today. We took him a picnic, taught him how to use his new laptop and played UNO. It was a fun visit.
In the midst of the crazy weekend I got one card stamped. I really need to get back on track with my stamping schedule, but at least I am getting back into it. When one thing throws you off track it’s hard to get back into the swing of things. I did get to spend time yesterday catching up on Google Reader. It was nice to take time and see what everyone else was creating and leave a few comments.
For this card I used the sketch from The Sweet Stop Sketch Saturday. I haven’t used Branch Out in a while and was slightly sad when it didn’t appear in the new catalog. Then I found it on the Dormant list and it’s still around for another year, but it’s not pictured in the catalog. It’s such a fun set to play with. I stamped the tree in Soft Suede and then double stamped the leaves in Old Olive so they are darker and lighter shades of green. The tire is add in Chocolate Chip ink and the butterflies in Bermuda Bay.
To make this card:
1. Make your card base from Crushed Curry cut to 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″. The Pumpkin Pie layer is 4″ X 5 1/4″ and the Razzleberry Lemonade dsp is 3 7/8″ X 5 1/8″. Adhere the Pumpkin Pie layer and the Razzleberry Lemonade layers together.
2. Cut a strip of Rich Razzleberry to 1 1/4″ X 4 1/4″ and attach to the layer adhered in step 1 making sure it overlaps equally on each side. Tie on a Whisper White taffeta bow. Attach this layer to the card.
3. Cut your main image layers. The Whisper White layer is 2 X 3 3/4″ and the Melon Mambo layer is 2 1/8″ X 3 7/8″.
4. Stamp your tree in Soft Suede and add the leaves stamping twice each time it’s inked in Old Olive until your tree shapes to your liking. Add your tire with Chocolate Chip and the butterflies in Bermuda Bay ink. Attach to your card with dimensionals.
5. Add your Latte buttons with pop up glue dots.
There wasn’t room on the outside of my card for the sentiment I wanted so I simply decorated and added it to the inside. My sister asked me for a wedding card and the sentiment is from the Level III Hostess set Kind and Caring Thoughts.
To decorate the inside:
1. Cut your Whisper White cardstock to 4″ X 5 1/4″ and a strip of Razzleberry Lemonade to 1 1/4″ X 5 1/4″ and punch with the eyelet border punch.
2. Stamp your sentiment using the Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. I stamped it in Rich Razzleberry.
3. Stamp the flower from Kind and Caring Thoughts twice in Melon Mambo ink without re-inking.
I hope you have a fantastic week. It’s supposed to warm up again here and be in the lower 80’s. Although I wasn’t complaining about the mid 60’s and rain on the 4th of July. I’m not a huge fan of the heat if you can tell. That means that there is more time to stamp in the heat of the afternoon, so I can’t complain about that either.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Branch Out, Kind and Caring Thoughts
Paper: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Razzleberry Lemonade, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, Latte Buttons, glue dots, stamp-a-ma-jig, eyelet border punch