Birthday cards are always needed in my stash and my grandmother just ordered another batch to fill her box, so I think you’ll be seeing a lot of those over the next few weeks. I had fun combining the Sock Monkey stamp set with Pun Fun to make this cute little “bird-day” card.
One thing that always amazes me when the new InColors come out is how my color preferences change. I mentioned last week that it was the first time I thought I had used Brilliant Blue since it came in my Starter Kit over 2 1/2 years ago. Here I am using it again. It goes perfectly with the Tall Tales paper. I may actually end up using an entire package of it. That is something I would not have said two weeks ago though. The sketch from this card is from Jen’s Sketch for You to Try. It’s been a while since I’ve completed one of her sketches. Not because I didn’t want too, but simply because I haven’t had a chance to. Before I get into the details of my card I should update on my Dad. He saw both surgeons yesterday for his hand and hip. They think he is doing wonderful! He had his pins taken out of his hand and was fitted with a new splint. He also gets a new splint for his leg, one that goes into his shoe, so I wonder if they are going to allow him to put more weight on his leg now. That is something I forgot to ask when I talked to him.
I used a lot of layers on my card. If you want to make one similar you could just get rid of a few of the mats and you’ be set.
To make this card:
1. Cut a 4 1/4″ X 11″ Old Olive card stock base and score it at 5 1/2″. Mat it with Brilliant Blue (5 1/4″ X 4″) and Tall Tales dsp (5 1/8″ X 3 7/8″). You can adhere these together.
2. Cut a 3 5/8″ X 3 3/8″ piece of Chocolate Chip and a 3 1/2″ X 3 1/4″ piece of Tall tales dsp. Adhere them together and attach to card base.
3. Cut a Rose Red piece to 2 5/8 X 4 3/8″, and Old Olive piece to 2 3/8″ X 2 3/4″ and a Whisper White piece to 2 1/4″ X 2 5/8″.
4. Stamp your Bird from Pun Fun in Basic Gray ink. Watercolor with an AquaPainter and So Saffron and Brilliant Blue ink. Adhere to Old olive layer and add paper piercing. Attach to Rose Red piece with dimensionals and the Rose Red piece attaches with dimensionals to the card base.
5. Add 2 Summer Sun corduroy buttons threaded with natural hemp twine. Secure with glue dots.
6. Add 2 ballons from Sock Monkey. Stamp on scrap Whisper White card stock and watercolor in with Rose Red and Brilliant Blue ink. Attach to card with dimensionals.
7. Use a Basic Black Stampin’ Write marker to draw in strings.
8. Stamp sentiment from Pun Fun in Brilliant Blue on a scrap of Whisper White. Punch out with the Word Window punch and attach to the card.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Sock Monkey and Pun Fun
Paper: Old Olive, Brilliant Blue, Tall Tales dsp, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Whisper White
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Rose Red, So Saffron, Basic Gray
Accessories: Summer Sun corduroy buttons, natural hemp twine, glue dots, dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, AquaPainter