I needed to make a few baby cards and then I realized I don’t have any current baby sets. Luckily I remembered the most adorable punched Sweet Pea on Andrea Walford’s blog. It’s actually a post by her sister Sophia Landry. She paired up the swirl from Baroque Motifs, which does look like a nice vine for growing peas. I followed her directions for making this cute punch art and then paired it up with a sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You that I love.
To make this card:
1. Follow the steps to make your punched Sweet Pea.
2. Cut your Perfect Plum card stock to 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
3. Cut your Whisper White to 3 1/2″ X 4 5/8″ and scallop the bottom edge with the eyelet border punch.
4. Cut the Barely Banana to 3 3/8″ Square and the Whisper White to 3 1/4″ square.
5. Sponge Bashful Blue ink on the Whisper White layer and then stamp the Baroque Motif swirl in Certainly Celery ink. Using Perfect Plum stamp the letters from Defining Alphabet. I used a Stampin’ Write marker to isolate only one letter per stamp and my Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement.
6. Attach your Whisper White sponged layer to the Barely Banana layer with SNAIL and then with dimensionals to the scalloped Whisper White layer.
7. Tie on a striped Pretty in Pink bow and attach to your card base.
8. Use dimensionals to attach your punched art.
Remember to stop back by here on Monday for the Tour de Freaks! It’s a tour you won’t want to miss. My post will actually go live late on Sunday night to make sure it’s all working before we go on vacation Monday afternoon.
Tomorrow I’ll have some pictures of the flowers in my garden to share with you. I am so happy with how full they are this year. It’s been 5 years since I planted them and they are filling in nicely. I still have a few bare spots and those are slowly getting new plants as I find them.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Defining Alphabet, Baroque Motifs
Paper: Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Blush Blossom
Ink: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Handsome Hunter, Rose Red, Perfect Plum
Accessories: wide oval, 3/4 and 1/2″ circle punches, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, sponges and daubers, white gel pen