When I’ve been away from stamping for a while I always love to start with a Clean and Simple card. It gets me stamping and gets the creative juices flowing. It’s also a quick project that I don’t have to put too much thought into so I don’t feel overwhelmed. Today the Clean and Simple challenge on SCS was a sketch. I can rarely pass up a sketch challenge. The Late Night Stampers challenge is Christmas in July, so I combined the two together to make this card.
To make this card:
1. Cut your Very Vanilla card stock to 4 1/4 X 11 and score at 5 1/2. Run the front through your Big Shot with the Finial Press textured impressions embossing folder.
2. Cut your Very Vanilla main image layer to 2 1/4 X 3 1/2 and the Garden Green layer to 2 1/2 X 3 3/4″. Cut the Merry Moments strip to 1 1/8″ X 2 1/4″.
3. Stamp your Yippee Kiyay Holiday image in Basic Gray and watercolor with an AquaPainter and Old Olive, Garden Green, Summer Sun, Real Red, Not Quite Navy and Soft Suede ink.
4. Pierce around your main image with the mat pack. Attach to your Garden Green layer, add dsp strip and then tie on a Chocolate Chip 1/4″ grosgrain ribbon.
5. Attach to your card base with dimensionals.
It’s hard to see the textured background in the above photo so here is a detail shot. In real life the embossing really pops, but it is hard to photograph on a light background.
Today I got a HUGE package in the mail from 2 Sketches 4 You! Thanks to Kazan and Laura and all of the sponsors for the wonderful prizes I won for making it through the Top 5 of the 1st Annual Card Showdown.
Well the kids are getting hungry and we are going to brave the heat a bit more after lunch. Then it’s back to stamping!
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Yippee Kiyay Holiday
Paper: Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Merry Moments dsp
Ink: Basic Gray, Not Quite Navy, Garden Green, Old Olive, Real Red, Summer Sun, Soft Suede
Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press Embossing Folder, mat pack, dimensionals, Chocolate Chip 1/4″ grosgrain ribbon, AquaPainter