On Splitcoaststampers the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges are back. I love a good challenge, so I decided to play along. Jen’s challenge was Tag Art and to play along you needed to make a tag. I decided to include one on the front of my card. I paired it up with Laura’s sketch at 2 Sketches for You. I used the same image that I used yesterday. I just love this little cactus. The colors are pulled directly from the Merry Moments designer series paper package, with a few extra Earth Elements colors thrown in.
To make this card:
1. Cut your Garden Green card stock base to 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
2. Attach a piece of Merry Moments dsp (3 7/8″ X 5 1/8″) to a Chocolate Chip (4″ X 5 1/4″). Cut 2 strips of Old Olive (1 1/4 x 3 7/8″) and scallop them with the scallop edge punch and then attach. Cut a piece of Real Red (1 1/4″ X 3 7/8″) and attach.
3. Add paper piercing along the Old Olive strips and a Very Vanilla 5/8″ grosgrain bow. Attach to the card base with dimensionals.
4. Cut a Chocolate Chip (2 3/8″ X 3 1/8″) and a Very Vanilla (2 1/4″ X 3 “). Use the Tag corner punch on both pieces. Use the eyelet border punch on the Very Vanilla piece.
5. Stamp your image in Basic Gray. Use an AquaPainter to watercolor with Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Garden Green, Real Red, Summer Sun and Soft Suede.
6. Attach your layers and use the Horizontal Slot punch to punch through. I elongated my slot by punching more than once. Put a Real Red 5/8” grosgrain ribbon through the slot. Attach a Pretties Kit half pearl.
7. Attach the tag to the card with dimensionals.
I am having so much fun stamping in my newly reorganized space! It’s nice when things are nice and fresh and ready to go. Plus it beats spending the hottest hours of the afternoon out in the heat. It’s much nicer in the coolness of the basement.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Yippee Kiyay Holiday
Paper: Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Merry Moments dsp, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Ink: Basic Gray, Garden Green, Real Red, Soft Suede, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: AquaPainter, scallop edge punch, mat pack, dimensionals, Very Vanilla and Real Red 5/8″ grosgrain ribbon, horizontal slot punch, pretties kit, mini glue dots, eyelet border punch