I’m still working my way through the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on SCS. This is for KrystieLee’s Clearly Creative challenge. I pulled out a Medium thickness Window Sheet and my new Big Shot Scalloped Square die. I knew I wanted to go with a Halloween Theme so I used Haunting Halloween and All Holidays for the sentiment and Cast-a-Spell designer series paper. I wanted it to have an eerie feel so I sponged in my background with Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum. I really like the effect of the glowing moon with the house and sponged night time sky.
To make this card:
1. Cut your window sheet to 4 3/4″ X 10″ and score at 5″. Place it on your scallop square so the folded edge lines up with the top row of scallops without cutting them. Pop your clear scallop square card out of the die.
2. Punch holes in each scallop with the Crop-a-dile. Make sure you aim away from your face, as the window sheet material really pops out quickly. (Don’t ask me how I know . . . it really hurts if it hits you in the eye . . . )
3. Cut a piece of Perfect Plum to 3 3/4″ square and two Whisper White to 3 1/2″ squares, one is for use in the next step. Stamp the tree in Basis Black on the lower left corner and adhere the layers together. Place in the back of your card (this is not pictured but you can see it in the background).
4. Cut Cast-a-Spell dsp to 3 3/4″ square and use the 2nd piece of Whisper White from step 3. Stamp your house image in Basic Black. Use an AquaPainter to watercolor in the windows with Summer Sun and So Saffron ink. Use the same for the Moon.
5. Mask off the house and sponge Pumpkin Pie around the moon, Perfect Plum around the house and Elegant Eggplant around the outer edge. Remove your mask and watercolor the grave stone with Going Gray ink.
6. Attach your image to the Cast-a-Spell paper and attach to the front of the card. Tie on your Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain ribbon.
7. Stamp the sentiment from All Holidays in Pumpkin Pie on a scrap of Whisper White card stock. Punch out with the Modern Label punch. Add a vintage brad in one side. Attach to the card with dimensionals.
When you attach your images to the window sheets you will be able to see the adhesive through the sheet. You can mask it by dividing your image mats in half. Instead of attaching the Whisper White to the Cast-a-Spell dsp or the Perfect Plum you can put those layers on the back of the sheet and then mount the main images over them on the other side so the adhesive is inbetween the layers. You can also just cut 2 more 3 3/4″ squares to put on the back of the layers. I used minimal adhesive and it doesn’t really bother me that I can see it slightly. It actually doesn’t show up on the back of the Cast-a-Spell paper I used. Go with whatever your preference is when making the card.
Well it’s Wednesday already! I’ve been so happy to not have swimming and to actually be at home to stamp! It’s been so relaxing. I hope you have a great day stamping.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: House of Haunts, All Holidays
Paper: Medium Window Sheet, Perfect Plum, Whisper White, Cast-a-Spell dsp
Ink: Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Summer Sun, So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Sponge, AquaPainter, Modern Label Punch, dimensionals, vintage brads, Pumpkin Pie striped grosgrain