Only one more day left in July. Just where did the summer go. It’s barely been summer with the weather we have been experiencing. For the first time in 139 years, or as long as they’ve been keeping records this is the first July where the weather has not reached 87 degrees in Chicago. Don’t get me wrong, I am loving the weather. Yesterday it was in the 70’s and the kids and I played outside almost all day long. I did get some time to stamp too!
This is to go along with the Christmas in July that is the Late Night Stampers challenge for the week. I decided to go with some non-traditional colors. I think it’s one of my new favorite color combinations. I used Kraft, Sage Shadow, Not Quite Navy and Really Rust. I saw it in the Stampin’ Up! catalog and just went with it. This also meets the Dare to Get Dirty challenge of making your own patterned paper. I used Park Avenue Patterns to stamp my Not Quite Navy strips.
To Make This Card:
1. Cut a Kraft card stock base to 5 1/2″ X 8 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
2. Cut your Sage Shadow layer to 5 1/4″ X 4″. Sponge the edges with Sage Shadow ink.
3. Cut two Not Quite Navy pieces to 3 7/8″ X 1 1/4″. Use Dotto to tape them next to each other on grid paper. Use a Stamp-a-ma-jig, Not Quite Navy ink and Park Avenue Patterns to stamp the background.
4. Add paper piercing with your mat pack, and 3 vintage brads on the right hand side.
5. Cut your Really Rust layer to 3 7/8″ X 2 5/8″ and Whisper White to 3 3/4″ X 2 1/2″.
6. Stamp your swirl in Sage Shadow and the sentiment in Really Rust. Both are from Season of Joy. Stamp the flowers on scrap paper and cut out. Assemble your layer and attach it and the flowers to the card front with dimensionals.
I’ll have another card for you tomorrow that I hope you’ll love. It’s one of my favorites for the week.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Park Avenue Pattern, Season of Joy
Paper: Kraft, Sage Shadow, Not Quite Navy, Really Rust, Whisper White
Ink: Sage Shadow, Not Quite Navy, Really Rust
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals, vintage brads, mat pack, sponge dauber