Sometimes when I’m browsing through the gallery at SCS a card catches my eye and I feel inspired to CASE it. When I saw this card by marlenelo, I felt inspired to sit down and create my own version of her card. I changed it up by changing the colors, adding a base layer and moving the placement of my brad.
To make this card: (you’ll actually have enough main images for 4 cards!)
1. Make your Melon Mambo card base from a piece of card stock measuring 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4.
2. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 5 1/4 X 4 and score it 1/2″ from the left hand side.
3. Cut a piece of Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango to 3 1/2 X 2 1/2. Stamp the Upsy Daisy image in Whisper White craft ink and heat emboss it with White embossing powder.
4. Cut your main image panels into 7/8 X 2 1/2″ strips.
5. Mix up the colored strips and attach them to your Whisper White layer. Add your sentiment stamped in Rich Razzleberry and your brad and attach to your card base.
Now wasn’t that fun and easy! I think it’s such a striking combo and a fabulous way to mount the main image in segments. I hope you are inspired to create something similar on your own.
Yesterday was a super busy day with no stamping, today will be the same as we are going to visit my parents for the day. Don’t fret because I did a lot of stamping this weekend and have projects to share with you. 9 days until school starts and I’ll have more stamping time!
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Paper: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White craft ink
Accessories: white embossing powder, heat tool, silver brad