Today is a big day in our house. This morning Roger, Colin and I are taking Evan to his first day of preschool. To celebrate I thought I’d give you a little sneak peek of a brand new Stampin’ Up! stamp set that will be in the Holiday Mini catalog and will be available for purchase as of September 1st. The set is called Delightful Decorations and it has a matching punch!
Yesterday when I sat down to stamp I pulled up the color challenge on SCS, which was Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa and Taken with Teal. The Holiday Lounge designer series paper has Taken with Teal in it so I pulled some out and got to work. The sketch is a Mojo Monday sketch and it is the 2nd one of the week to celebrate 100 sketches. While this card has a lot of layers it is easily put together.
To make this card:
1. Cut your Very Vanilla card stock base to 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 and score it at 4 1/4. Run the front through the Big Shot with the Finial Press embossing folder. Add paper piercing along the top of the card.
2. Cut and layer Close to Cocoa 4 1/2 X 3 1/4 with Holiday Lounge designer series paper 4 3/8 X 3 1/8. Attach it to the card base. Cut a strip of Close to Cocoa to 4 1/4 X 1 1/2 and use the Eyelet Border punch. Attach this to your card toward the left side.
3. Tie on a Very Vanilla 5/8″ grosgrain bow. Tie on a Latte designer button with Linen thread and tie it in a bow. To keep the button in place you can put a mini glue dot under the button.
4. Cut your main image layers to 2 1/4 X 3 for the Take with Teal and 2 1/8 X 2 7/8 for the Very Vanilla. Sponge the edge of the Taken with Teal with matching ink. On the Very Vanilla stamp part of the Baroque Motifs swirl in Close to Cocoa after stamping off once. Add paper piercing and attach to the card with dimensionals.
5. Stamp two ornaments from Delightful Decorations in Taken with Teal on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock. The back image was stamped off once and then Rock andRolled in Taken with Teal to add a bit of dimension. Punch them out with the ornament punch. Place a silver brad in the center of the snowflake. Using Silver elastic cord fashion a loop. Place this behind the top of the ornament andhold in place with sticky strip. Tie the ends around the front of the ornament into a bow. Attach them to the card with dimensionals.
Here is a detail shot of the silver elastic cording. I thought it would look like ornament hangers like you would use to hang your ornaments on the Christmas tree. I am not going to say it is easy to tie the silver cording into a bow because it is tricky at times. However, the end result is worth a few minutes of fiddling around. You can also see the background embossing a bit in this photo. I find it hard to photograph on light backgrounds, but in real life it is very detailed and beautiful.
I hope your Wednesday is a good one. Cross your fingers that Evan enjoys his 1st day of Preschool. Tomorrow I’ll be back with not 1, not 2, but 3 projects for you to see as part of the Tour de Freaks. Don’t miss the tour. It’s going to be amazing! I’m also getting very close to 400,000 hits! I think some blog candy is going to be in the works next week.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Delightful Decorations (available September 1st), Baroque Motifs
Paper: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Holiday Lounge dsp, Taken with Teal
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Taken with Teal
Accessories: mat pack, eyelet border punch, Very Vanilla 5/8″ grosgrain, Latte buttons, Linen Thread, Ornament punch, silver brad, silver cording, sponge