This week the Late Night Stampers Challenge is called Punch a Bunch. We are pulling out our punches and using them to create punch art for the front of cards, 3D items or scrapbook pages. You’ve probably already seen some of the punch art done by Sophia Landry. She posts to Andrea’s blog. I have a bunch bookmarked in my Google Reader so I pulled up the first one and decided to make an Orange “u” Sweet card. Isn’t it adorable? I think so!
To make this card:
Melon Mambo 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Razzleberry Lemonade dsp 4 X 5 1/4
Pumpkin Pie 1 1/2 X 4 plus scraps for punching (regular and textured)
Apricot Appeal scraps
Old Olive scraps
Chocolate Chip scraps
Rich Razzleberry 3 1/4 square
Whisper White 3 Square
Whisper White scraps
1. Follow Sophia’s tutorial on making the orange. I used the Boho punch for my white part in the center of the orange, and hand cut my own stem.
2. Stamp “orange” using the Stamp-a-ma-jig and Just Perfect Alphabet in Pumpkin Pie. Attach this Whisper White layer to the Rich Razzleberry and add your punch art with dimensionals and paper piercing.
3. Use the Eyelet Border punch on the strip of Pumpkin Pie and attach to the Razzleberry Lemonade dsp layer. Tie on a striped Pumpkin Pie bow. Attach to the Melon Mambo card base.
4. Attach your punch art layer with dimensionals.
5. Ink up the “sweet” part of the sentiment from Tasty Sweet in Pumpkin Pie. Stamp onto Whisper White scraps. Add the “u” from Just Perfect Alphabet. Punch out with the 1″ circle punch. Sponge edges with Chocolate Chip ink. Attach to bow with natural hemp twine and add a dimensional.
Yesterday without kids went way too fast! I thought I’d get a lot more done than I did, but it was relaxing. Today it’s just Evan and I at home and it’s going to be a hot day so we’ll probably spend a lot of the day in the basement keeping cool. Lucky for me my stamp room is also there! I hope you have a fantastic Tuesday!
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Just Perfect Alphabet, Tasty Sweet
Paper:Melon Mambo, Razzleberry Lemonade dsp, Pumpkin Pie (regular and textured), Apricot Appeal, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green
Accessories:1 3/4, 1 3/8, 1 1/4″ and 1″ circle punches, sponge, dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig, mat pack, paper piercer, Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon, natural hemp twine, eyelet border punch