If you told me to sit down and make a card using Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Pink Passion, Only Orange and Not Quite Navy I probably would have to sit and think about that one for a while. However, it works! I took on the Inspiration challenge this weekend and picked this fanfrom Pylones for the color combination. I paired it with Jen’s Sketch for You to Try and the card fell right into place. I think it’s a perfect card for a child.
To make this card:
Soft Suede 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Crushed Curry 5 1/4 X 4 and scraps for Pennant die scallop circle
Not Quite Navy 5 1/8 X 3 7/8
Kaleidoscope dsp 1 1/2 X 4 3/4 and 3 1/8 X 2 3/8
Pink Passion 3 1/4 X 2 1/2
Only Orange 1 X 3 1/8
Whisper White scrap for main image to fit in 1 3/4 circle punch
1. Mat Not Quite Navy with Crushed Curry. Mat Kaleidoscope dsp with Pink Passion and add strip of Only Orange. Stamp Pun Fun sentiment in Only Orange onto Only Orange Layer.
2. Use Mat pack and Paper piercer to add paper piercing to only orange layer. I used the mat pack to add the 3 silver brads as well. Attach to Not Quite Navy layer.
3. Add strip of Kaleidoscope strip. Punch near bottom edge of this strip with the horizontal slot punch and add a Crushed Curry ribbon. Attach to card base.
4. Stamp Pun Fun image in Basic Gray ink on Whisper White. Use an AquaPainter to watercolor with Not Quite Navy, Only Orange and Crushed Curry ink.
5. Run Crushed Curry scrap through the Big Shot with the Pennant die to die cut a scallop circle. Attach main image to this scallop circle. Attach to card with dimensionals. Add Only Orange small star punch with a silver brad in the center with a dimensional.
See the color combo does work! Who’d have thought? I certainly didn’t until I saw it all fall into place. Sometimes it’s fun to step outside of our comfort zones and try a new color combination or a new stamp set that is not necessarily our style. I challenge you to do that this week. Push yourself to create something you might have never tried.
Today is Wednesday and I find myself again with 3 hours free from children! This time I hope to get more done than on Monday. It really is amazing how quickly that time goes. Then Evan and I will enjoy our afternoon together before Colin comes home and we play outside until dinner. Colin is excited because his teacher told him that they will be using their textbooks for the very first time today. He’s been excited about starting his math textbook so it should be fun to hear what he thinks of it when he comes home.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Pun Fun
Paper: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Not Quite Navy, Only Orange, Pink Passion, Whisper White, Kaliedoscope dsp
Ink: Basic Gray, Not Quite Navy, Only Orange, Crushed Curry
Accessories: Horizontal slot punch, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon, Pennant Die, 1 3/4″ circle punch, small star punch, mat pack, paper piercer, silver brads, dimensionals, AquaPainter