This card has a little bit of a funky vibe. On Monday, the Clean and Simple challenge was also an Inspiration Challenge. I picked a purse from Anthropolgie that had crochet flowers on it. It reminded me a bit of the Petal Pizzazz flowers and I ran with it. It didn’t really take the turn that I was expecting, but I had spent so much time making it I felt it worthy of sharing. I went from three flowers to one, and I tried and tried to get the curved layers just right, but in the end straight lines won out. So does it at least resemble the purse?
To make this card:
Kraft 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4, plus scraps
Melon Mambo 4 1/2 X 5 1/4, plus scraps
Nouveau Chic 3 1/4 X 5 1/4
Basic Black scraps
Whisper White scraps
1. Scallop both sides of the Melon Mambo paper with the Eyelet border punch. Using a 3/4 circle punch punch out black circles to cover the back of the eyelets. I used 16 circles. The top and bottom scallops only needed 1/2 a circle.
2. Add Nouveau Chic dsp to this layer. Add paper piercing with Mat pack. Use white gel pen to connect every other set of holes. Tie on Old Olive wide striped ribbon and attach to card with dimensionals.
3. Stamp Petal Pizzazz flower in Melon Mambo on Whisper White card stock 2 times. Punch out the center of one with the 3/4 circle punch. Layer on Basic Black and use paper snips to cut around circle leaving 1/8″ border. Attach to 1″ circle punch of Kraft card stock. Add Filigree brad. Cut out other Melon Mambo flower and adhere to a scrap piece of Kraft card stock. Cut out leaving 1/8″ border.
4. Attach center with Filigree brad with dimensionals to large flower. Use the small stamp from One of a Kind with Basic Black ink and stamp on each petal to mimic the crochet look of the purse. Attach to card with dimensionals.
5. Stamp All Holidays “thank you” sentiment in Whisper White craft ink on a scrap of Kraft card stock. Cut into a banner with triangle notch cut out of one side. Curl the opposite side. Curl with handle of paper piercer. Attach with small piece of dimensional to the flower.
Yesterday my dad met with the orthopedic surgeon who did surgery on his hip. He is able to stand on it as his hip tolerates. He did say that he found it difficult to walk because he has simply forgotten how to walk. He’s so used to hopping and he hasn’t walked in 3 months. I’m sure once he starts his therapy he’ll figure it out quickly. This is a big step forward for him as he’s been in the wheelchair or hopping along with his platform walker. We are going to take Colin and Evan to see him this Sunday so he can show off his standing skills. They were both happy to hear the good news, as were all of us.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps:Petal Pizzazz, All Holidays
Paper:Kraft, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Basic Black, Nouveau Chic dsp
Ink: Melon Mambo, Whisper White craft, Basic Black
Accessories:3/4″ circle punch, eyelet border punch, Old Olive striped ribbon, filigree brad, sponge, dimensionals