Have you ever yearned for school to start so that your schedule slows down? I did, but I sadly have to say my schedule has gotten busier by the day. I sometimes wonder if I do too much? I’m still learning to adjust and I’ll eventually get ahead. I started stamping this card yesterday for the sketch challenge on SCS, but couldn’t figure out how I wanted to finish it off. I walked away from it and was able to finish it in no time this morning. Sometimes that is all it takes, a night to sleep on it or a few hours away from it. I did promise you a Sweet Treat cup today, so I delivered on that promise.
I used Sweet Centers, a Sweet Treat cup and the sentiment from Pendant Park along with Razzleberry Lemonade designer series paper to make this fun and interactive card. Do you see that ribbon tab at the top? I put that there so you can pull it open to take your treats out from the center of the card and you can keep your card in tact and not tear it apart to get the treats out. To do that punched my 1 3/4″ circle punch on my main image layer. I then used a punched out Sticky Note with the 1 3/8″ circle punch. Before I adhered my layers to the base of the card I laid them all out where they would go. I then used the sticky note and put it in the punched out area from the Main image layer and on to the layer below it. I then centered the 1 3/4″ circle punch around it and punched that layer. I laid that layer on the card where it would go and did the same thing using the 1 3/4″ circle punch and the sticky note. When I got to the card base my punch wouldn’t fit where I needed it, so I cut around the sticky note with my hobby blade and cut a hole out of the card base. Clear as mud? I may have to pull out my video camera and make a video this weekend on how I did it. Anyway, I’ll get on to the specifics so you can recreate your own version if you wish.
To make this card:
Crushed Curry 5 1/2 X 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4 and scrap for scallop oval punch
Pumpkin Pie 4 X 5 1/4 and 3 1/8 X 3 3/8
Razzleberry Lemonade dsp 3 7/8 X 5 1/8 and 4 3/4 X 2 5/8
Rich Razzleberry 4 7/8 X 2 1/2 and scrap for Trio Flower punch
Whisper White 3 X 3 1/4 and 2 1/8 X 3 1/8 (for pull tab) and scrap for Large Oval punch
Melon Mambo scrap for Trio Flower punch
1. Use scrap punched with Scallop Oval and Scallop Circle punch, a sponge and Bashful Blue classic ink to sponge clouds on Whisper White main image layer. Punch out 1 3/4″ circle near the top and use Stamp-a-ma-jig and Melon Mambo ink to stamp Sweet Centers Hot Air Balloon Basket image. Lay your main image layer on the Pumpkin Pie Mat. Place sticky note punched with 1 3/8″ circle punch in center of opening. Punch with 1 3/4″ circle punch around this sticky note. Adhere layers together.
2. Adhere Melon Mambo print from Razzleberry Lemonade dsp onto Rich Razzleberry layer. Adhere other Rich Razzleberry dsp print to Pumpkin Pie layer. Lay these out onto the card base for final placement. Do not adhere they yet.
3. Place your main image layer onto the card where it will be placed. Place sticky note onto the Melon Mambo/Rich Razzleberry layer in center of main image opening. Punch the Melon Mambo print/Rich Razzleberry layer with the 1 3/4″ circle punch.
4. Lay the Melon Mambo print/Rich Razzleberry layer onto Razzleberry Lemonade flower/Pumpkin Pie layer. Place sticky note in the center of the 1 3/4″ circle punch. Center 1 3/4″ circle punch around this sticky note and punch the flower pattern/Pumpkin Pie layer with 1 3/4″ circle punch. Keep this punch out for the next step
5. Put dotto on the back of the punch from the last step. Lay your flower pattern/Pumpkin Pie layer on Crushed Curry card base. Put the punched circle with dotto in the center of the opening. Remove the flower pattern/Pumpkin Pie layer. Use Hobby Blade and cutting mat to cut around the circle.
6. Adhere Razzleberry Lemonade flower pattern/Pumpkin Pie layer to card base. Then adhere Melon Mambo print/Rich Razzleberry layer. Tie on Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot ribbon.
7. Put dimensionals on back of main image layer, making sure they go all of the way across the bottom. Put in Sweet Treat cup and attach to card. Fill the cup with candy. Using the Whisper White pull tab layer, staple a loop of Melon Mambo ribbon to the top. Slide this behind the main image layer.
8. Stamp Pendant Park sentiment on scrap of Whisper White in Melon Mambo ink. Attach to Crushed Curry scalloped oval punch. Attach to card base with dimensionals.
9. Punch Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo with Flower Trio punch, shape with embossing stylus and use White Gel pen in the center of the flowers. Attach with mini glue dots.
I know I gave you a lot of steps this time, but the result is well worth it. I hope that you give it a try! Now hopefully I’ll catch up on my stamping. I have a few hours before Evan and I head out to story time.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Sweet Centers #116521, Pendant Park #115456
Paper:Crushed Curry #115319, Pumpkin Pie #105117, Razzleberry Lemonade dsp #115675, Rich Razzleberry #115316, Whisper White #100730
Ink: Bashful Blue #105209, Melon Mambo #115656
Accessories:Sweet Treat Cups #116802, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon #115613, Melon Mambo Polka Dot Ribbon #115611, 1 3/4 Circle punch #112004, 1 3/8 circle punch #104401, Large Oval punch #107305, Scallop Oval punch #114889, Flower Trio Punch ##109183, Scallop Circle Punch #109043, Sponge #101610, White Gel Pen #105021, Dimensionals #104430, Dotto #103305