Wow, what a week we had here last week. I think Evan is starting to feel better and hasn’t had a low grade fever since Saturday morning. To be sure he’d keep getting well we kept him home from Church yesterday and while Roger and Colin were there I actually stamped. I think it was the first time all week and it felt good! I tried out a new technique that I learned when I was in Cincinnati. It involves Stampin’ Pastes and Crystal Effects. To do this you shave a bit of pastel off the side of the square with your hobby blade into an empty button or brad container. Squeeze a few drops of water into it from your AquaPainter and then mix in Crystal Effects. You can then use that to paint your images. It does not photograph as pretty as it is in real life. I’m going to give it another try and I’ll make a little video tutorial for you this week. Hopefully that will make up for my prolonged absence.
To Make this card:
Old Olive 4 1/4 X 11 scored at 5 1/2
Ruby Red 2 3/8 X 5 1/4
The Write Stuff Specialty paper 2 1/4 X 5 1/8 and Die cut
Whisper White scraps
1. Attach The Write Stuff Specialty paper to Ruby Red card stock and then to card base.
2. Stamp Holiday Best image onto the Die cut. I trimmed mine to 3 X 3 1/4 and then rounded out the edges with the corner rounder punch. The image was colored with Stampin’ Write Markers in Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Old Olive. Use a Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement.
3. Sponge edges of main image panel with Soft Suede ink and attach with dimensionals.
4. Stamp Autumn Harvest images in Basic Black ink and heat emboss with crystal clear embossing powder. The faces are stamped in Summer Sun craft ink and heat embossed too.
5. Color in with Pastel tinted Crystal Effects.
6. Tie on ribbon and add a Latte button with Linen Thread to the striped Pumpkin Pie bow.
The die cuts are textured and you can really see this when you stamp on them with a solid image. I like the effect of it though. It looks worn and rustic. For this card I used Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #37.
Here is to a fantastic week of stamping for all of us! I can’t go that long with out being in my crafting space again and hopefully I won’t have to.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Holiday Best (Level I Hostess), Autumn Harvest
Paper: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Whisper White, The Write Stuff Specialty Paper,
Ink: Stampin’ Write Markers in Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Ruby Red, Basic Black and Soft Suede Classic Ink, Summer Sun Craft ink, Stampin’ Pastels in Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Crystal Clear Embossing Powder, Hobby Blade, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon, Latte Button, Linen Thread