Yesterday morning I dropped Evan off at school and raced home to my stamp room. I opened up the Try a New Technique Challenge on SCS and thought about searching for something else to do. Then I remembered that I do the challenges to push myself into trying something new. After a quick trip up to the kitchen to get some Aluminum Foil I was ready to get started. You see that nice silvery layer? Well it’s Aluminum Foil wrapped around a layer of card stock. It has been die cut and embossed. It reminds me of those gorgeous tin ceilings. I thought it had a fun vibe so I paired it with the Holiday Lounge Designer Series paper. The main colors in this paper are Sahara Sand, Taken with Teal and Ruby Red. I love how they go together so well. I added in Old Olive and Chocolate Chip. The layout is one I love from Clean and Simple Stamping. It’s Fall to Layout 51.
To Make this card:
Sahara Sand 4 1/4 X 11 scored at 5 1/2
Taken with Teal 4 X 5 1/4
Holiday Lounge dsp 3 3/4 X 5
Scrap for Top Note die wrapped in Aluminum Foil
Whisper White scraps for images
1. Wrap and adhere a scrap of card stock in Aluminum Foil. Run it through the Big Shot with the Top Note Die and then with the Finial Press Embossing Folder. Cut off part of left side.
2. Adhere Holiday Lounge dsp to Taken with Teal and then to card base.
3. Stamp sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White and punch out with the Modern Label punch. Add branch in Chocolate Chip and then cut out Old Olive leaves. Attach the Modern Label punch layer to the Foil covered layer with a silver brad. Then attach it to the card with dimensionals.
4. Stamp and cut out bird in Taken with Teal. Stamp wreath in Old Olive and add Ruby Red berries and then cut out. Attach to card with dimensionals.
5. Add 1/4″ Old Olive ribbon with bow. Place a Earth Elements brad through the bow. Attach with mini glue dots.
Let me tell you that it is not easy to photograph Aluminum Foil. This picture doesn’t do the detail much justice and it looks so much better in real life. It is a fun technique and you should really try it out! It’s another cold and very windy day here so I hope to get more stamping in to share with you.
All products are Stampin’ Up! and can be purchased via my Demonstrator Website: http://igotstamps.stampinup.net
Stamps: Berry Christmas
Paper: Sahara Sand, Taken with Teal, Holiday Lounge dsp, Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Taken with Teal
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note die, Finial Press Embossing folder, dimensionals, silver and Earth Element brad, Modern Label punch, Old Olive 1/4″ grosgrain ribbon