When it comes to Monday morning stamping, my theory is simple is better. It gets my creative juices flowing for the day, for the week even, and when you don’t have much time to take both kids to school, eat breakfast and get something stamped and uploaded it’s the only way to go.
I saw the Sweet Sunday Sketch #60 and I immediately thought of the Sweet Pea stitched felt flowers I’ve been hoarding. I paired them with 2 patterns for the Sweet Pea designer series paper pad and it all fell into place.
To make this card:
1. Make a card base out of Kraft card stock 4 1/4 X 11 and score at 5 1/2
2. Cut your Chocolate Chip card stock to 5 1/4 X 4 and adhere 2 Sweet Pea dsp strips measuring 5 1/8 X 2 3/8 and 5 1/8 X 1 1/2.
3. Tie on your Soft Suede polka dot ribbon and then add the Sweet Pea stitched felt flowers with glue dots.
4. Stamp the All Holidays sentiment in Chocolate Chip classic ink on a scrap of Whisper White card stock and punch out with the Modern Label Punch. Attach with dimensionals.
5. Attach the main image layer to the base with dimensionals.
Colin is finishing up his Jump Rope for Heart Thank You cards so this one is off in the mail today. We booked his birthday party this past weekend for his friends so we have birthday invitations to start on soon. He’s having his party at the local children’s museum and they provide the cupcakes, ice cream, paper plates and decorations. They provide the invitations, but Colin wants me to make his. I can handle that.
I hope you have a great Monday and have a creative start to your week.